Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Chapter Logo: Three blue waves


General Chapter Logo
Three blue waves remind us of the Baptism of Jesus and our own Baptism which was in the name of the three persons of God - the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  In Baptism we are plunged into life in the Trinity.  The waves go outside the image background, and have been described as showing how with Jesus' rising from the dead and conquering death, our life in God gives us hope to overcome the obstacles we may face.  The waves with their peaks and troughs remind us of the highs and lows of life, we are encouraged to risk the unknown in order to go out into deep water to meet others.

Discernment Weekend
For women aged 20 to 40.  If you (or a woman you know) is searching how to live out your vocation and calling then I invite you to get in touch to find out more about our next Discernment Weekend which will take place in Lancaster 6th to the 8th September

Prayer for vocations  
Father you called me
in my Baptism 
to be your child and follower, 
united to you Son Jesus.  
Give me now 
the light of the Spirit 
to show me 
the way you want me 
to live out my Baptism 
in the service of your people.  
Through Christ our Lord.  
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment